[pianotech] All $teinway?

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 1 16:40:50 MDT 2009

This is how many dealers operate.  My college does likewise although, we
have Kawai's from our local dealership and own our own Steinway's, a few
Baldwin's and some Yamaha's besides.

Paul is correct, it protects the dealer from them purchasing elsewhere.  It
also tends in my opinion, to make the college or university more prone to
say screw you and purchase the piano's elsewhere sooner or later.
Especially in the case where they have an opportunity to purchase a good
piano for a fair price to save themselves money.  On the other hand, I can
understand both sides having been doing this with this dealer for over 15
years now.