[pianotech] Piano Built completely in Virginia-pics

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 1 12:58:35 MDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Duaine & Laura Hechler
<dahechler at att.net>wrote:

> It - may - have been sarcasm - but - on this list, it's extremely hard
> to tell sometimes.
>
> In the past, I, as well as many others, have been the brunt of many,
> many comments that are not sarcastic - so it is really hard to tell
> anymore.
>
> And, I don't keep track of the "text" versions of the emotions thingys.
>
> Duaine
>
> Bill Jeffreys wrote:
> > Gentleman,
> >
> > Terry's remark was what we call sarcasm.  He was refering to those
> > (think S&S) that think the piano evolved to it's highest point a
> > century ago and can not be perfected beyond it's current perfection.
> > You will notice the symbol   ;-0  following his post.  That is smiley
> > face of sorts, a commonly used symbol in emails and text to show
> > emotions....such as humor.   One only has to see a few of Terry's
> > posts to know that he is an innovator himself and not afraid of
> > exploring the limits of piano technology...and I don't even know they
> > guy !!
> >
> > Now can we relax please?
> >
> > I need a drink and I don't even drink.
> >
> > Bill Jeffreys
> > Tyler, TX
>
> --
>  Duaine Hechler
> Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
> Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding
> Reed Organ Society Member
> Florissant, MO 63034
> (314) 838-5587
> dahechler at att.net
> www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
> --
> Home & Business user of Linux - 10 years

 I have "known" Terry from this list and from some offlist e-mail but never
met the man and I knew he was being sarcastic in a most generous way! His
reference to S&S was obvious to anyone willing to look and not so obvious to
those who are oblivious to clever humor.

Some folks have such thin skins they can't tell the difference or just like
to cause trouble where there is none to see!

Congrats on what appears to be and looks like a stellar achievment in piano
design and construction!

Mike
--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404