[pianotech] string replacement

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Thu Jun 4 10:30:16 MDT 2009

Since we are on the subject.....

Someone here mentioned about using a brake line to replace a string that goes under the overstrung area, is that right?

What is the best size of brake line to use for this?

And I'm assuming you feed the string through the brake line after you've measured, make the cut and bent the string, is that correct?

I am referring to a broken tenor string that I noticed on someone's piano.

TODD PIANO WORKS
Matthew Todd, Piano Technician
(979) 248-9578
http://www.toddpianoworks.com