[pianotech] Rendering problem

John Dyal jdyal2 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 5 12:15:46 MDT 2009

Is there something that can be applied to rusty bearing points to facilitate rendering?(Other than restringing) It's really frustrating to turn the pin...turn the pin..pounding HARD on the key..turn the pin ..still no change in pitch...turn.. and then 5 cents (or 10) change at once.Then we go the other way...
I have a customer with a grand player piano that has this problem through out much of the treble.
I've been told to apply WD-40 to the bearing point with a toothpick. I did that. It probably helped some, but not enough.   John