[pianotech] Cracked plate

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Jun 5 12:25:44 MDT 2009

On 6/5/09, Greg Newell <gnewell at ameritech.net> wrote:
> Conrad,
> 	Not sure I buy your explanations.

I'm not sure I do either, but how would explain that smear or/of
something at the corner, under the pressure bar and across the split??
 Not being anywhere near the victim I can only crank up my
imagination, sarcastic and cynical as that might be. ;-o

Somewhere along the line, SOMEBODY did SOMETHING in that area.

Maybe there is a case failure (like a separating pinblock?) which has
flexed the plate to the cracking point. The picture doesn't show
anything which would support that conclusion, but that doesn't mean
that evidence might not be there and visible from another direction.

In any case, the speculation is like fixing something over the phone.
You may think you may know what caused it based on your personal
experience and someone else's description and/or single small picture,
but without actually getting up close and personal that's all it is.

 Speculation.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT -
feeling very curmudgeonly today...