[pianotech] what glue ....

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Sun Jun 7 13:00:10 MDT 2009

Andre-

Since many technicians in the USA have recently changed to Titebond Molding and Trim Glue, with great enthusiasm because it seems to have the working qualities of the magic glue you describe, and is also easily purchased at hardware stores, perhaps you would look into finding and trying some, and giving us your opinion of it.

Ed Sutton

  unquote

  In other words :
  I asked the representative of the glue factory to make me a glue that would have the same characteristics as the Yamaha hammer glue.
  This is very difficult because I did not have a sample, nor did I know what to ask for, except that I knew how I wanted that glue to perform.
  These people in that glue factory were sympathetic towards my request because  they understood what it was for and they were simply willing to help, which was very nice of them.
  It took about three years and finally bingo!

    When you run out, do you send a note to an anonymous secret post office box saying "Whoever you are, I need more of that special glue stuff"?

    Ron N

  I actually ran out of the glue after some years and found that their policy had changed.
  After heavy pleading they supplied me again with the same stuff but it was too thin and they gave me with a 'stiffening agent' (I am sorry if my English sounds ridiculous).
  So, no... I do not       "send a note to an anonymous secret post office box saying "whoever you are, I need more of that special glue stuff".

  friendly greetings
  from
  André Oorebeek

  Antoni van Leeuwenhoekweg 15