[pianotech] what glue ....

André Oorebeek oorebeek at planet.nl
Sun Jun 7 12:32:33 MDT 2009

On Jun 7, 2009, at 8:11 PM, Ron Nossaman wrote:

> Andr? Oorebeek wrote:
>> ja ja Ron, you're so fast man.. but I said "I do not know exactly
>> what it is (I can ask)"
>> ok?
>
> Since you did all these years of meticulous research with a list of
> specific performance requirements and finally found the perfect
> glue, I naturally assumed you might have some idea where it came
> from and what it was called.

Ron,
I literally said ..

quote :

"I then decided to find it out myself (that's the result).
For years I experimented with the help of a glue factory until I
finally found exactly the same stuff.
I do not know exactly what it is (I can ask) but it IS great stuff and
behaves just like the Yamaha glue."

unquote

In other words :
I asked the representative of the glue factory to make me a glue that
would have the same characteristics as the Yamaha hammer glue.
This is very difficult because I did not have a sample, nor did I know
what to ask for, except that I knew how I wanted that glue to perform.
These people in that glue factory were sympathetic towards my request
because  they understood what it was for and they were simply willing
to help, which was very nice of them.
It took about three years and finally bingo!

> When you run out, do you send a note to an anonymous secret post
> office box saying "Whoever you are, I need more of that special glue
> stuff"?
>
> Ron N

I actually ran out of the glue after some years and found that their
policy had changed.
After heavy pleading they supplied me again with the same stuff but it
was too thin and they gave me with a 'stiffening agent' (I am sorry if
my English sounds ridiculous).
So, no... I do not       "send a note to an anonymous secret post
office box saying "whoever you are, I need more of that special glue
stuff".

friendly greetings
from
André Oorebeek