[pianotech] reducing sound transmission

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Mon Jun 8 10:58:07 MDT 2009

Talk to Steve James of the Chicago Chapter, Ron. He's designed a quiet
system for grands.

Paul

In a message dated 6/8/2009 9:59:09 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
drwoodwind at hotmail.com writes:

List  -

I received a request from a client who is a grad student (piano  major)
considering moving his grand to an apartment at school.  He's  concerned with
his practicing bothering the neighbors.  He currently has  a third floor,
with a someone living below, but a basement level apartment is  a possibility.

I've suggested the sound isolating caster cups, foam  baffles/blankets
under the piano as well as blankets over the top.  The  piano is a Weinbach and
tends towards the brighter end of the  spectrum.

Any other suggestions I should pass along?  I'm assuming  electronic
options are not suitable...

Thanks

Ron  Koval
Chicagoland
Hotmail®  has ever-growing storage! Don’t worry about storage limits.
http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/Storage?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutoria
l_Storage_062009=

fingertips.