[pianotech] Baldwin 243 keyframe/keybed

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Tue Jun 9 03:24:38 MDT 2009

On 6/8/09, Mike Morvan <keymaestro at verizon.net> wrote:
> Conrad,
>     Spacing is most likely different, we can make you a new keyboard with
> spacing per your specifications or copy what is there (minus the water
> damage), any other keyboard manufacturer should be able to do the same, if
> not winter is coming.  Good luck, Mike

Likelihood of repairs might depend on damage further down.  The
previously showered piano required a number of bridge repairs, and
later broken strings, from the splashing off the back of the keybed
down to the bottom board and trapwork.  This one was not a premier
instrument to start with...

All I've done so far is to move it away from under the drip. I won't
make any preliminary decisions until the floor is dry and I open up
the bottom for a look-see.

I may park it outside my office, for a while, as an example of water
damage.  Students seem to have a hard time understanding why I've
instituted a system of fines for beverages in practice rooms -
particularly if in open containers.  [at least from some comments
scrawled on the notices thereof]

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
Luther College, 700 College Dr.,