[pianotech] Speed drying treated flanges

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 8 14:31:53 MDT 2009

Hi all,

I thought I had hit all these Wurlitzer/YC flanges with alcohol & water, but found when I started repinning the hammer flanges that there were still some pretty darn tight ones. Hmm. Maybe there's something wrong with my syringe technique or maybe these were super tight. Anyway, I really want to be done with this job, so I hit them again with the solution and have used my heat gun to help things along. Here are the questions, do I need to wait to repin, how long to I need to wait to repin, is there any special technique for speed drying treated flanges?

BTW, here's a picture of my newly configured shoplette (the walkway through the laundry/furnace room). Thanks, Del, for suggesting the bench legs and shelves. It's a lot more comfortable working now. Oh yeah, the keyboard is on a board that I place over the laundry sink (double size) for extra counter space.

Thanks,

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois