[pianotech] repetition springs with cords

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Wed Jun 10 09:04:44 MDT 2009

On 6/10/09, KeyKat88 at aol.com <KeyKat88 at aol.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>       A Customer has a Lester 5 foot grand with repetition springs that
> have the cords on the end.
>
>       Are these type rep springs re-tensioned the same way the Yamaha ones
> (that mate into the slot) are? If not, how are they regulated/ re-tensioned?

Thankfully I don't remember what kind of action Lester put in their
grands, but I just finished adjusting a WN&G in a Krakauer which has
adjusting screws near the jack slot. Other configurations have
adjusting screws on the flange end.   If you can't find any adjusting
screws anywhere, pretend it's a Steinway and bend the wires. ;-}

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
Luther College, 700 College Dr.,