[pianotech] Wurlitzer Console

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Jun 12 04:21:34 MDT 2009

On 6/12/09, Matthew Todd <toddpianoworks at att.net> wrote:
> I will be removing/replacing my first action that has the dowels you have to
> unscrew instead of the normal action bolts.  Anything special I should know
> for this?

You mean the ones with the tubes with real long screws inside them?

a. Expect to break a screw. It'll break flush with the pinblock. Then,
the real fun begins.
b. Keep them in order -  the bass tube has a cut-out section for
clearance for #1 string. Make sure you have it oriented properly when
you replace the action - severe buzzing if not...

--
anOn