[pianotech] string hook

pmc033 at earthlink.net pmc033 at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 12 23:51:22 MDT 2009

Hi, Allan:
    I like making tools if I can.  It doesn't have to be fancy, and you can make one with just a wire and a piece of dowel.  Make a few bends in the wire, drill two holes and you're done.  Experiment with various lengths.  See what works best.  Or you can just buy one from Joe or whoever makes them.  I've never seen the one with the rubber button.  Part of the fun of piano work is coming up with a tool of your own, or modifying one you bought and make it better.  You might even come up with a better design on your own.  I've always thought of somehow using some kind of dedicated plier to do this job.  Maybe someday...
    My  too scents.

    Paul McCloud
    San Di-eggo