[pianotech] ergonomic grand regulation ideas?

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Sat Jun 13 12:18:10 MDT 2009

Hi Jim:

If you are talking about working in the shop, here's what I do.  I have
three 12" x 12" x 12" wood blocks that I set the piano on, raising it about
a foot.  Great height for stringing, setting let off, leveling keys, and
damper installation and regulation.  Simple enough.

What I would like to do (but have not yet) is to make a creeper chair on
wheels - something with a full angled back and seat to lean back into , on
wheels, but where the bottom of the seat sits an inch or so above the floor.
I have seen such an arrangement in other shops, and it makes me envious.

Will Truitt