[pianotech] sluggish (was no subject)

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Jun 13 17:09:35 MDT 2009

Keith McGavern wrote:

> There has definitely been more than one occasion where adding keyweights
> was necessary to insure the key returned to its home position. Perhaps
> you missed the amusing comment by Ron where he actually has scraped wood
> off the C8 with a knife to remedy poor key return. Been there with the
> scraping concept, but not with C8, Ron. Thanks for another method of
> madness btw.

Keith,
I'm glad you enjoyed it, but it wasn't really intended to be
humorous. It's just been occasionally necessary. Most decent
verticals either have a compensating weight in the rear of
C-8, or the treble side of the key is scarfed out to remove
weight. It ain't scraping, Son, it's draw knife work! Big
chips in the tool case when I leave.
Ron N