[pianotech] New Asian piano that will not hold a tuning

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 16:48:55 MDT 2009

This was my first thought also.  The few new pianos I see for their first
tuning are tuned A442 (or higher sometimes) to allow for this pitch drop. If
the first tuning *lowered* the pitch to A440 instead of keeping it sharp, it
might have made the pitch drop worse than normal.
Maybe tune it another time before you pronounce it has structural problems?

--
JF