[pianotech] Damper Pedal

Carlos Ralon ceralon at comcast.net
Tue Jun 16 06:08:55 MDT 2009

One of the reasons these damper rod swings break is that the felt stop is missing under the sustain pedal and the pedal over pushes to the floorboard. Be sure you replace that hunk of stop material or it will do it again.  I always did the repair on site. After replacing the swing, take a sharp punch and punch around the area the swing meets the rod swedging it to the swing rod. As mentioned before, the hard part is getting to it.
Carlos Ralon, RPT