[pianotech] Chickering quality

Bruce Browning - The Piano Tuner justpianos at our.net.au
Wed Jun 17 19:12:56 MDT 2009

Allan
 Bonjour à tous,
You may be surprised to know that this method of finishing cabinetry has a
technical name. Unfortunately I can't recall it at the moment, but
remember discussing it at High School (40 or more years ago), in
Woodworking Class.
Boat-builders use this technique to align screw slots with the grain of
the deck timber.
Who would have thought?
regards,
Bruce Browning