[pianotech] Chickering quality

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jun 18 05:47:45 MDT 2009

Actually, screws on boats in deck timber, hull planking, etc. are usually
covered with a thin plug of the same wood. One typically makes an effort to
align the grain of the plug with the grain of the surrounding wood. Result
is a nearly invisible screw head. Never seen that on a piano.

Terry Farrell