[pianotech] Fazioli

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Thu Jun 18 14:56:56 MDT 2009

Danny,

It is really not a question of "advantage", in this league.

It is a question of the customer trying each and feeling which he or she
feels most comfortable with.

I've played a few Faziolis in showrooms, but never tuned one.  They
really are made to the very highest standard.  They seem to me to have a
sound that is fantastically even throughout the compass, and this goes
for all the sizes I've played.  I do find that in CD recordings the
Fazioli can sound a little "cold" somehow, but they don't sound or feel
cold when playing.

Is your client an accomplished player? I assume so, if spending that
amount of money.  If the instrument is being purchased for playing
pleasure, it really is just a question of the customer taking plenety of
time to try each, and form a personal response.

Fortunate customer, to be in the position of making such a difficult
choice!. Sigh.

David.