[pianotech] Fazioli

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 18 18:55:02 MDT 2009

Hi Danny,

I think your customer should play both and decide for himself the one HE/SHE prefers. Personnally, I would take the Fazioli. I've been to the factory and seen the quality of production they make and there is no comparison between Steinway(NY) factory and Fazioli. I could feel the peace and ease at wich the workers are doing their task. And the workers are so good. I saw a cabinet maker do the wood support braces for the rim. Man, the dovetail joint he made was just perfect! I service a Steinway german B at the university here and I don't like the way the harmonics of the top of the bass match the treble. I can make double octaves OK, but triples are noisy and quadruples are just screaming. I find the bass really difficult to match to the rest of the treble.

So if it was not my money, I sure would recommand the Fazioli.

Marcel Carey,

Sherbrooke, QC

Hi list,
Custommer wants to buy a new grand piano Steinway B. The Italian Fazioli 2.12 cm is the same size and around the same price.
Would like to hear if anybody has some experience with this model or with Fazioli in general? Can we compare this  beauties ?
What could be the advantages of aquiering a Fazioli versus Steinway?
Thanks for your comments,
Danny
Belgium