[pianotech] Wheelchairs and piano legs in nursing homes

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Jun 20 20:39:32 MDT 2009

KeyKat88 at aol.com wrote:
>          It seems that the nursing homes really are hard on piano legs.
> They get bumped into by seniors in wheel chairs. Our city codes dept has
> an ordinance about piano trucks being forbidden because of people
> tripping and banging their ankles on the protruding members of the
> trucks. Are there any good solutions to keeping pianos' legs in tact
> when you cant use a truck?

Yes. Leave the sucker where it sits, sans truck. Somewhere
along the line, we've become pathologically obsessed with
meeting public usage fantasies that don't fit the physical
limitations of the available options. Hey, sometimes physical
reality intercedes, and the would-be spoiled just need to
adapt like the rest of us. Miracles cost more, but then you
have to produce (and maintain after the fact (next day)) the
impression that you've performed one.

Your call.

Good luck,
Ron N