[pianotech] To ream or not to ream? - that is the question.

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Sun Jun 21 19:58:36 MDT 2009

Hi Chuck (and everyone else),

I think one important distinction would be between reaming and drilling with
a drill bit - and whether either way is with a hand drill or drill press.  I
know some folks feel they can get consistent torque using a reamer in a hand
drill, others use a drill bit in a hand drill, etc., etc.

I'd probably agree with the second part of Tech A's argument if my option
was using a reamer and a hand drill.  Otherwise Tech. B if I get to use a
drill bit in a press - which is my chosen method, BTW.

William R. Monroe