[pianotech] Piano Key Leveling

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 21 19:59:56 MDT 2009

I agree too in that using something that is already crowned would be quicker
than first setting them flat and then crowning them later.  I know because
this is how I've done it for the past 35 years.  Of course they must be
squared first and all that, but this can very easily be done using a
slightly beveled leveling board.

What became confusing was wondering if my level board had warped or what
certain manufacturer's actually recommended.  That is, crown or no crown.
That never was really answered other than Steinway and as is often the case,
some do it differently than others.  Some crown, some don't.