[pianotech] PTBiz users

Allan allan at sutton.net
Sun Jun 21 20:58:19 MDT 2009

Thank you Greg and Mike,
I do want such an application for myself. I absolutely want an open format
for the data (import and export, connections to other programs). I am
exploring the options.

I had asked:
> To the present or former Pt Biz users: What would be your wish list
> for a next version of the program ? What functions did you use, which
> did you not use?

Everyone, have a good week.

Allan Sutton
www.pianotechniquemontreal.com

Mike Spalding Wrote:

Allan:

1.  Streamline data entry with some intelligent defaults.  Example:  In
the invoice, each line item has a date field.  It could default to the
date in the invoice header, or the date in the previous line item.
Example: In the invoice, each line item has a "piano" field.  For
customers with only one piano, it could default to that one piano
(instead of requiring 3 mouse clicks).
2.  When printing labels from the mailmerge list, include the date of
last tuning, or allow the user to determine which fields print on the
label.  If you're using the pre-printed cards from PTG, with the "your
piano was last tuned on...", you've got to manually look up each
client's service history to get the date.
3.  Unlock the data so it can be ported into Access.

In spite of the above items, I don't know of any available program that
I would rather have than the current version of PTBiz.  It is generally
very effective and reliable.

Do you have some plan for implementing a next version?

Greg Newell wrote:

Used them all. Better financial would be good. Quickbooks is real nice for
budgets and reports and such. PTBiz just wasn't set up that way. What I'd
really like to have is Quickbooks with some of the features of PTBiz rather
than the other way round.