[pianotech] Leveling keys

pgmilkie at juno.com pgmilkie at juno.com
Mon Jun 22 11:59:55 MDT 2009

yes! I do Steinways FLAT, as in LEVEL! It's a stupid idea with no Merit whatsoever!!! If you look at the Fallboard edge, it's FLAT! The whole idea of the raised center was to off-set the area that got the most playing. It has nothing to do with regulating or action geometry and any other damned thing! Just Stupid!
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police

Thank you Joe,

I feal the same way and  early on in this thread, I privately emailed Gerald voicing the same view, also mentioned I use  an alumium 4' L   2,1/8" H   7/8" W    level, "straight edge", Simply works very well.

Paul M