[pianotech] Leveling keys

Jude Reveley (Absolute Piano) juderev at verizon.net
Mon Jun 22 17:46:08 MDT 2009

Concur...Flat & level all the way. From an ergonomic point of view I always
thought a reverse crown (higher at the ends) had a little more street cred
but still silly. Flat seems best for the consistency of the geometry and
case parts.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Jude Reveley, RPT
Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
www.absolute-piano.com

yes! I do Steinways FLAT, as in LEVEL! It's a stupid idea with no Merit
whatsoever!!! If you look at the Fallboard edge, it's FLAT! The whole idea
of the raised center was to off-set the area that got the most playing. It
has nothing to do with regulating or action geometry and any other damned
thing! Just Stupid!
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police