[pianotech] floor sanding dust in piano

Chuck Behm behmpiano at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 04:50:31 MDT 2009

>Now, plaster dust is a little more corrosive that wood dust, but I wonder
if this is what your customer wants. I?agree with Chuck that blowing out the
dust will probably do the job, but it doesn't remove every spec of dust out
of a virtually brand new piano.??
Wim<

Barbara - Thinking about what Wim said, it occured to me that if you would
want to blow the dust out of the piano, it would probably be the most
effective on a particularly dry day, in that dust seems to cling more to
surfaces when it's humid out. I know here in the Midwest a dry day in the
summer is a rare occurance - but at least you could watch the 3 to 5 day
forecasts, and try to schedule the job when it's not going to be oppresively
hot and muggy.
Of course, even then you could ask the customer to have the air conditioning
turned down, and if possible a dehumidifyer running in the room prior to the
cleaning.
Just a thought. Chuck