[pianotech] Baldwin SD-10

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Tue Jun 23 16:49:59 MDT 2009

Hi Les:

I got my Baldwin Piano Service Manual.  Here it is for the SD-10:

Key Height:  2 9/16"  (sharps are set 15/32" to 1/2" above natural key)
Key Dip: (+ or - .007)  .410"
Blow Distance:  1 7/8"
Let off:  1/16"
Hammer drop: 1/16" below let off
Back check:  5/8"
Aftertouch:  .045 (+ or - .015")
Action spread:  4 31/64"
Damper lift:  7/8"

As a former Baldwin dealer, I would say, don't assume anything.  My
experience was that the factory often varied widely from specs. Case fitting
often left something to be desired, so you will especially want to check
your key height, if you need to change it) against the bottom of the
fallboard.

Hope this helps,

Will Truitt: