[pianotech] Rubber bushings

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Wed Jun 24 21:54:01 MDT 2009

Laura

If these are for?Steinway grand pedals, I use a piece of fuel hose, available at your auto parts store. Take the measurement of the inside of the socket hole, and ask for a piece of fuel hose, with?the outside diameter. Cut the pieces to length. As Joe mentioned, put a piece of leather in the bottom of the hole, so?the pedal rod doesn't squeak against the pedal. You might want to take the rod with you, because I think that hose comes in different inside diameters, too. Otherwise you'll wind up having to drill out the inside of the hose to accommodate the rods. I used to buy about 3 feet of the hose, which would give me enough for about a dozen sets of pedals.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Mililani, Oahu, HI
808-349-2943