[pianotech] HTC Touch Pro (smart phone)

Joseph Alkana josephspiano at comcast.net
Thu Jun 25 12:09:15 MDT 2009

I have an older model HTC 6800 running Windows Mobile 6.1 and have not found the service provider, Sprint, or the parent company HTC very good at providing reasonably priced applications or support. I have not tried the RCT on it yet, but I’m afraid that the audio prescriptions normally used, such as gain or sensitivity are not present to adjust.

I am not a big fan thus far of Windows Mobile 6.1, but if you do get a machine capable of running Pocket RCT that’s what you’ll be faced with. For my money, an iPhone for phone and lite computer/internet usage would be great and a dedicated HP 22** series for Pocket RCT. I’ve had mine for eight years, same battery. I noticed the battery is bulging and popping off the back cover. But, hey I tuned a piano the other day and just laid the iPAQ on its back to keep the door closed. Don’t want to rush into battery replacement or anything☺ My two cents worth.

Joseph Alkana RPT (retired)

  _____