[pianotech] complaint

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Sat Jun 27 23:04:30 MDT 2009

Hmmm....

I think I get what you're saying Ryan, but I take a slightly different
tack.  I try to convey to my clients that I am 95% certain that results of
any voicing (using the term VERY broadly here) I do, will be to their
satisfaction.  If it isn't, what's the point?  In my practice, my first step
is a very methodical conversation with the client, to find out what they
like tonally.  Once you know that, you have a pretty good idea whether or
not their piano is capable of achieving that end.  Defining the goals is of
utmost importance to me.  There will always be clients that are tough to
satisfy, but I think if we're careful to get the client to really articulate
what it is they are after, our success percentage goes very high.

William R. Monroe