[pianotech] Simon & Garfunkel piano

Ruth Phillips ruth at alliedpiano.com
Sun Jun 28 09:19:56 MDT 2009

Brian,
Regarding your response to Jude Revely's comments, I did not read it as an
attack
on you, but as saying "out of your expected scope" as one called in for
tuning, not
to hang new hammers.  In other words, he did not say "out of your expected
abilities".
There was no implication of inadequacy on your part.
Ruth Phillips
ruth at alliedpiano.com

>Brian,

FWIW I don't read Ron's post to have anything to do with the tuning as it
arrived. We all know concert tuners are dealing with piano trench warfare. I
read Ron's comments as more to do with the manufacturing end. The tenor
tuning problems refer to the scaling problem which I believe was quite
relevant to the thread, and the regulation and hammer hanging also seems out
of your expected scope.

Best,

Jude Reveley, RPT
Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
www.absolute-piano.com

>Jude
Well you have caught me out. Yes, I am only a part time technician who needs
more training to understand the basics of piano technology. I thought
levelling keys had nothing to do with scaling of a piano. Now where do I
find the book that tells me where to rescale a B model whilst discussing key
levelling.
The regulation and hammer hanging being out of my expected scope. Thank you
for lowering yourself to an insult over your opinion of my work.