[pianotech] Simon & Garfunkel piano

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Mon Jun 29 11:10:07 MDT 2009

Ron,

Maybe I should have charged them. <G>

Since I'm sharing my most memorable boo boos here's an even better one. A professor told me that her piano was awful and needed tuning. I had tuned it 2 days earlier so I thought maybe something went south. After seeing that it was almost spot on, including unisons, I was perplexed. The only thing I did differently this time was to replace the "junk" on her piano. Soooo, I just took the stuff off her piano and when I saw her again she said how wonderful the tuning was...

Funnier than that is that a couple months later I went to tune it and was interrupted (I had removed the stuff) and when I came back she thanked me again. (The piano was NOT good, and she was actually playing it)

Maybe I'd save a lot of time by just rearranging/removing stuff from her piano.

Best,
Jim's Passive/Aggressive Piano Service and Otter Farm

Tuning by rumor! There it is! Hot damn! Proof of concept. I
*knew* it would work. I hope you didn't discount the tuning on
account of how smoothly and unobtrusively the whole thing went...

Life is a Fellini movie, miscast (if that's not redundant). It
gets harder to answer the phone every day.

Claude Rains piano service, Henry Mencken scheduling,
Ron N