[pianotech] Polyurethane finish on a stained mahogany piano

Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 1 08:54:53 PST 2009

There is no across the board answer to your question. It all depends on the
WB Polyurethane you will be using. I wouldn't trust anything
over-the-counter unless it has been tested for your particular use. Check
with a local chemical company that makes a WB Poly for comparability with
the wood and stain you are using. It would be harder to repair than NC
lacquer.

Al