[pianotech] Use of McLube

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Sun Mar 1 09:05:18 PST 2009

Hi Norton,

The 1708L is a substitute for DAG on bridge tops (if you choose to coat your
bridge tops), and also works on jack tips, rep levers.  It's fine, and yes,
burnishing is helpful.  If you want to get carried away, resurface the jack
tips/balanciers by sanding to p600 or above prior to applying the 1708L.

And yes, Absolutely strings off the bridge.  It is meant to be applied
during rebuilding when the bridge is clear of strings and bridge pins.
Coat, re-notch, repin, restring.  Capisce?  Enjoy the experience.

William R. Monroe