[pianotech] cats

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Mon Mar 2 06:20:45 PST 2009

Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft wrote:
> I was doing a repair and had all my felt mute sitting out. Well, three
> dachshunds took them and hid them all over the house. It took the owner
> and I about 1/2 hour to locate all of them. That was the last time I
> left my bag open with animals in the house.
>
> Al

I feel your pain. I've had similar experiences, but the last time I had
a curious cat encounter was really different.

I thought I had an attentive apprentice. Sitting on a chair a few feet
away, watching everything I did, especially to the spinning propeller of
my laptop RCT. (~50¢ pitch raise) Only near the end of the tuning did it
get up on the keys to look more closely into the console's action. I
played a few notes in the bass to help it understand why NOT to put it's
hands in the action, and it slowly got down and went into the kitchen.

Very mellow.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076