[pianotech] (..and birds!)

Mike Kurta mkurta1 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 2 16:42:26 PST 2009

    I had a similar experience a few years ago, but with a dog.  As I was
tuning, the owner's black lab would begin to howl, then slide up or down to
the correct pitch and stay there!  The process would be repeated with the
next note.  We put her outside and she would do the same thing from outside
the front door.
    Another time I encountered a schnauzer that would take up residence
under the grand I was tuning and howl loudly the whole time.  Not on pitch
though.  He was taken outside the room and stopped making noise.  His owner
said it would do the same thing whenever anyone played the piano.
    Mike Kurta, RPT
    Chicago chapter