[pianotech] Database for Piano Business

pianoguru at cox.net pianoguru at cox.net
Tue Mar 3 21:51:23 PST 2009

---- Bruce Dornfeld <bdornfeld at earthlink.net> wrote:
>..... I definitely think that QuickBooks is a great program for folks like us.

I have used and would recommend QuickBooks and their Customer Manager software.  Another option, that I took last year, was MS Money Plus, Home and Business. The customer management in MS Money was not so robust, but the advantage of having my personal financial accounting and my business accounting in one program, MS Money, all importable into TurboTax, out weighed its other shortcomings.  If you set it up well in advance, you can associate every account category with line items for every IRS form, personal and/or business.  At the end of the year, you print out a form that shows amounts for relevant lines of any IRS form, personal or business.

My pet peeve regarding computer software is having to re-enter the same data again, and again, once I have already entered it, twice, thrice, or more!  I'd rather set up my computer systems to reference data entered in various applications so that once I have entered the data, every other application that needs that data has access to it, and I do not have to re-enter the same data I have already entered.

Frank Emerson,  RPT