[pianotech] slow paying customers revisited

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Wed Mar 4 07:05:10 PST 2009

I would recommend you just relax. You know they are going to pay, and it
sounds like a pretty good account to have otherwise. It's sometimes hard to
break free from the slave mentality of hand to mouth, i.e., I need this
money today to pay my overdue gas bill. But in this business we really do
need to have some cash flow cushion so immediate payment isn't so urgent for
us. When your big payment does finally come in you can consider it a bonus.

Usually in a small church one person takes care of all the bills and signing
the checks. But in a big church frequently you'll have office staff
preparing the checks and a trustee stopping by once or twice a month to
countersign the checks.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272