[pianotech] OT vacuum press/vacuum clamping system

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 4 11:13:01 PST 2009

Shawn,

Don't know where you could go to "grope" a vacuum system, but here's a
website where you can learn a lot about them, and buy kits and supplies
to make your own.
http://www.veneersupplies.com/default.php?cPath=60_64&osCsid=bef0b115fe3342f4542345489ff39dce
I learned abut this site in David Snyder's class on re-veneering a Stwy
D.  I recently bought the V2 kit and supplies to make a 36" x 36" bag,
and am very pleased with the results.
If you're not familiar with MIMF, you should be.  http://www.mimf.com/
Register with them and search the archives for vacuum press info.

Mike