[pianotech] Agraffes -- Mason & Hamlin BB

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Wed Mar 4 18:31:32 PST 2009

Anecdote.
?
Some years ago I rebuilt a Mehlin with the roll agraffs. Several?of them?had broken, and no replacements were available. With the help of a local metal shop owner, who was very cooperative,?I took the plate to him, and he set up a drill press to retap each hole. He charged me about $75, for about 2 hours worth of work. (not counting the time?he and I discussed the problem, and how to deal with? the plate, etc.)

Wim