[pianotech] Weikert hammers

Russell Gordon rhg at verizon.net
Wed Mar 4 17:02:47 PST 2009

To All,

I just finished installing a set of the Weikert hammers on a St. B
that received the full Stanwood treatment. I found the hammers to be
everything Dale said. Great color, clarity and power right from the
start. The bass was pressed a little softer and it did need a very
light juicing (about 8:1 keytop acetone). Ray suggested a deep
shoulder needling which did open the tone some, but they had great
sustain even without any needling. The pianist literally jumped back
with an amazed look on his face after playing a few notes. Thanks to
Ray and Dale for all their efforts to get us these hammers and David
for the ongoing research.

Russell Gordon

p.s. In regards to the database thread, I can recommend Chris
Solliday's ExecuKey.