[pianotech] slow paying customers revisited

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 04:49:05 PST 2009

James,While I don't agree with the notion that any particular "$XXX is
overpriced" statement makes a lot of sense, given the  many variables of
current economic conditions, geographic and cost of living variables,
expertise, etc. --  your suggestion that "Too much price fluctuation
confuses clients" hits the target bullseye.
I do not offer institutional discounts; payment within 30 days is great but
can't be depended upon.
Punitive pricing -- "you're always late with the check" -- doesn't go over
very well.
Shawn, If the client is running past that, one can make a practice of
"keeping in touch" with the responsible parties and casually remind them
that you haven't yet received payment, but you don't want to project too
much nervous irritated energy at your client.
But hey, this is indeed an appropriate place to "blow off some steam" when
these things happen.
Patrick Draine

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 7:18 AM, Pianoman <pianoman at accessus.net> wrote:

> $120 seems over priced.  Are you going to price your self out of a job?
>  Too much price fluctuation confuses clients.
> James
> James Grebe
> Since 1962
> Piano Tuning & Repair
> Creator of Handsome Hardwood Products(
> 314) 608-4137   1526 Raspberry Lane   Arnold, MO 63010
> Researcher of St. Louis Theatre History
> BECOME WHAT YOU BELIEVE!
> www.grebepiano.com
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Magness" <IFixPianos at yahoo.com

>>> week.  I wouldn't be as quick to complain but we are talking over $1000
>>> that
>>> is due to me and I could use it.  Last I checked I still have bills to
>>> pay.
>>> So what's the answer?  Maybe I should charge more and give them a
>>> discount
>>> if they pay on time?  Or is that to complicated?  Maybe I should just