[pianotech] Letoff Rack, Buy One or Build One?

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Fri Mar 6 12:57:16 PST 2009

>Having no experience with one I do not know what features (are there
>features?) to look for, which of the models is best

Pianotek sells a nice, reasonably priced tool. The Tautline Regulation Guide
(#TLRG) pg. D-13.

It is portable and light so it fits in your tool case and you can
breeze through
the Let Of and Drop in about 30 minutes.

Set L/O trials in the piano at the ends of each section and one in the center
of the tenor. Move the action to a bench or piano top (padded) and set the
TLRG to the trials and bring the rest to the line. Simple.
I carry a thin panel to place on top of the pad. I is more sturdy for
the action
and I can spin the action around easily to work at the back. The panel is a
knee panel from a Rippen studio which had a fold-down-to0store keybed,
at least something was useful from that.

Regards,

Jon Page