[pianotech] slow paying customers revisited

Shawn Brock shawnbrock at fuse.net
Fri Mar 6 13:05:23 PST 2009

James,

 thanks for letting me know what you think.  If a customer can't understand
that they have to pay bills on time like the rest of the world I don't care
if they call a different technician.  I have lots of other business from
people who pay on time.  If other technicians don't mind dealing with people
who take 1.5/2 months to pay that's okay with me.  Its not going to happen
with me anymore though.  You have a place where the Minister drives a car
that would cost over $40000 and an institution that don't have to pay taxes
and they are located in one of the most prosperous neighborhoods in town but
they can't pay me?  I don't know how upping my prices with them would cause
confusion...  Its all about what the traffic will bare I say...  Some tuners
are charging $120, so I wouldn't be going above fare market value by adding
$10 per piano for these people.  After all the long short is that I don't
care if they feel like parting with me, I just want to be paid on time.  I
don't know why some technicians will let churches jerk them around but I'm
not going to be one of them.  Yesterday I had the plumber come over and he
left a bill that was due in 10 days.  Today I sent the check out and the
company will get it tomorrow, what's so hard about that?  My electric
company won't let me go with out paying for 2 months...  So, why should I
put up with any less?

Shawn Brock, RPT