[pianotech] graphs

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Mar 6 13:27:11 PST 2009

Just for fun I thought I'd re-send these two graphs, along with a third
I made holding 3:1 pure

In order
-the actual harmonic series of the sampled piano in that long ago issue
of the journal
-the resulting octave types spread chromatically of that piano taken
from C3/C4 to C4/C5 (4:2 octave type was held to 0.5 bps wide)
-the resulting octave types spread chromatically when the 3:1 12th on
another piano was held pure

And as long as we're providing sound samples.  Here is a fairly early
version of my own  P-12th. The recording was done in the spring of 2003.
http://home.broadpark.no/~rbrekne/sounds/G.Tveitt15.mp3

G. Tveitt Fifty Folksongs from Hardanger
The long long Winter Night

Recorded on a Steinway B model from Hamburg built in circa 1980
Soloist Heli Jakobsen
Recording by Jan Hovden at Griegakadamiet
Piano tuned and maintained by Richard Brekne RPT, NPTF

Cheers
RicB