[pianotech] slow paying customers revisited

Shawn Brock shawnbrock at fuse.net
Fri Mar 6 13:39:08 PST 2009

    Mike,

we sound a lot alike.  I could easily blow up when it comes to people owing me money especially if they are less than truthful.  That's part of the reason
I have been b******g on the list...  Its easier to get it out of ones system with people who know how you feel and a lot less costly than calling a church
up and cussing a blue streak...  Don't get me wrong, if people don't have the money I understand.  I have 2 customers who owe me money for rebuilds.  I
chose to do the work and let them pay monthly payments.  They always pay and are never late.  Once one of them had to go a month with out making a payment but he called me and asked.  I told him it was no problem, I trust the guy and the fact that he had the consideration to call me and ask speaks highly of him in my opinion.  I have helped him out when he couldn't afford to have both of his pianos tuned I would do one for free and tell him not to worry about it.  The good deed never goes unrewarded.  I don't give the guy a free tuning because I have to, I do it because he really appreciates the work that's put into his pianos.  He uses his extra piano and time to give lessons to children and adults who can't afford to pay for lessons.  I figure the free tuning helps in the mission...  Maybe the rich church in the rich part of town should start a program like he has.

Shawn Brock, RPT
Block quote start