[pianotech] Yamaha C7 scale

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Mar 7 06:24:03 PST 2009

>   Don't forget these are metric wire sizes. The size listed will be a
> 1/2 size larger or smaller than standard sizes. I forget right off the
> cuff. I think adding a 1/2 size to the stated number makes them the
> correct diameter.
>     * Ron N..hey... didn't' you post these wire sizes once upon an
> e-mail? They are different than standard*.

I have, at least twice, as have others another half dozen
times. Doesn't anyone save this stuff? The 13-1/2 metric is
about 0.0005" smaller than our "standard" of the same gage.
The difference increases by about 0.00001575" per half gage so
20 gage metric is about 0.000709" smaller than our standard.

So substituting a #20 Mapes for a #19 metric increased the
diameter from 0.04232" to 0.045", or from 1.075mm to 1.143mm.

Ron N