[pianotech] Aural tuning question

Scott Jackson scottwaynejackson at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 7 22:41:44 PST 2009

Well,
I'd really like to be a surgeon, but I don't think that I should need to be
able to tell the difference between a heart and a kidney.....

Yes, to tune without an ETD will require some minimal level of interval
recognition. If you are wishing to discuss the RPT exam, may I suggest the
PTG-L list http://ptg.org/mailman/listinfo/ptg-l_ptg.org. Or you could come
to Australia, where aural tuning is not required to become an ARPT
(http://aptta.org.au/8.html).

Scott Jackson